In this article, we will discuss Nursing scholarships in Australia. The Scholarships are open to international students and domestic stud as well is one of the most in-demand and lucrative careers out there. If you are an international student who wishes to pursue a career in nursing,
then you should be aware that there are scholarships for international students available in Australia.
These scholarships provide funding for tuition fees and living costs, as well as access to resources such as mentoring programs and study tours.
In this blog post, we will discuss what these scholarships entail and how you can apply!
What is a scholarship:
A scholarship is a form of funding that is designed to assist students with the costs associated with their studies. There are a host of scholarship opportunities for international students who wish to study in Australia, each one providing unique benefits and eligibility requirements.
Who should apply for the scholarship:
The scholarship can be applied for by international students who want to study in Australia and have completed an undergraduate program in any discipline.
The scholarship can be applied for by citizens of countries that are not part of the Australian Government’s research mobility scheme, such as China or India.
How to apply for a scholarship:
You can apply for the scholarship by following the link provided on this page.
You can apply for the scholarship by contacting your university’s international office (for students who are already enrolled) or an education agent (for new applicants).
When will you know if you have been awarded a scholarship:
You will know that you have been awarded the scholarship six to eight weeks after submitting your application. Keep in mind that scholarships are highly competitive and only a few applicants will be accepted each round
The benefits of being an international student in Australia and how this Scholarship could help your education :
The benefits of being an international student in Australia and how this scholarship could help your education are as follows:
– You will have access to a number of resources such as mentoring programs, study tours, and online learning platforms.
– Your tuition fees will be covered by the scholarship (up to AUD $15,000 per year for postgraduate students,
AUD $30,000 per year for master’s programs, and up to AUD $50,000 per year for doctoral studies). –
You will be granted a visa that allows you to work 20 hours a week while pursuing your degree.
FAQs about Nursing scholarships in Australia for International Students in :
Do I need to pay the tuition fees before applying for this scholarship?
No, you will not be required to make any upfront payments in order to apply. What courses can I study if awarded a scholarship?
You may pursue your course of choice as long as it is offered by one of our partner universities and falls under an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Do I need to have a GPA higher than the average in my home country?
No, you do not need to have a high GPA for this scholarship. How much will I receive from the scholarship per year and how long can it last?
You may receive up to AUD $15,000 per year if studying for an undergraduate degree, up to AUD $30,000 per year for a master’s program, and up to AUD $50,000 per year if studying for a doctoral degree.
It has always taken pride in providing high-quality education.
The international students who successfully complete their degree in Australia can make themselves capable as competitive in the current international job market.
Nursing is a profession dedicated to the care of individuals.
And a society with scientific knowledge, training, and skills developed through substantial education and career.
The degree holder of nursing works in a diverse range of settings including hospitals, general practices, community settings, prisons, homes, and residential settings.
Nursing in Australia
Choosing to study for a university degree can be one of, if not the most significant financial investment you will make.
It will often determine who you will be, and the career pathway you will take.
Making this decision is hard enough, then having to worry about how you will finance your nursing education.
The government offers a number of ways for you to support your studies, the most common of which is a student loan. However, accumulating massive debt doesn’t need to be the only option.
Numerous institutions from around Australia offer a range of different nursing scholarships that can help you pay your tuition fees.
Bachelors in Nursing in Australia provides diverse career opportunities to students interested in a healthcare profession. It is usually offered as a three-year degree full-time and a six-year part-time degree.
Pursuing nursing from top universities in Australia can cost you from 20,000 USD to 30,000 USD. For Indian students, it is equivalent to 14-22 lakhs INR.
In Australia. Graduates are able to earn an average annual salary of about 35,000 USD (~25 lakhs INR).
With over 30 colleges offering Bachelor of Nursing in Australia, you get to choose from some of the top-ranking institutions that offer world-class education.
Study Nursing in Australia requirements
International students need to fulfill certain requirements to study nursing in Australia..
- A valid passport for the duration of your course study in Australia.
- An overall IELTS score of 7 bands and no score below 6.5 bands in each of the components, or PTE score of 65 or OET score B
- You must have at least 1 year of paid or unpaid experience within the last five years(as asked by the university)
- You will need evidence of access to sufficient funds.
- purchase Overseas Student Health Cover
- You must have successfully completed at least year 12 of education equivalent to the Australian Qualifications Framework(AQF)
Advantages of Studying Nursing in Australia
Universities in Australia are recognized all over the world for their teaching of nursing courses.
The advantage of pursuing nursing study in Australia is that you can work easily in Australia itself and other parts of the world as well.
After completing your degree in nursing, you can also join the AHPRA, the professional body for nursing in Australia.
The benefits of joining such an organization are the opportunity to network with other professionals and improve your skills for better job opportunities.
Nursing courses in Australia for international students
It is very important to know what kind of Nursing degrees are offered by universities in Australia
So you can make an informed decision about the professional careers you want to pursue afterward. Some of the popular nursing courses in Australia for international students are:
- Bachelor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Advanced Practice
- \Postgraduate Diploma In Nursing
- Master of Clinical Nursing
Here we have listed the nursing degrees with their requirements to study in Australia.
- Available Scholarships for Students and Aspirants in Belgium
- Available Scholarships for Students and Aspirants in Netherland
- Study, Work & Live in Any country under Google Scholarships-How to apply
- Scholarship at Italy Business School-How to apply
- Affordable degrees with scholarships in Luxembourg-How to apply
- Affordable Degree with scholarship in USA-How to apply
- Study, work & live abroad under private sponsorship programs in Sweden
- Affordable degree with scholarships in Sweden-How to apply
- Top scholarships to Study in France for international students
- Unicaf celebrates World Earth Day, $5 million worth of Unicaf Scholarships
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders for International Students
- University of the Incarnate Word scholarships, USA 2021-2022
- Samsung Dream Foundation Scholarship in South Korea
- Study in Germany Business School scholarship
- Apply for the University of the people Scholarship (Uopeople) for international students.
Diploma of nursing
With the completion of the diploma in nursing in Australia or Certificate IV of Nursing, you can get into the workforce
And learn the skills to work as an Enrolled Nurse in the country.
The course fills you with the basic knowledge, competencies, and essential skills you require to be eligible to work in various kinds of nurse settings. And you can also continue studying to complete a Bachelor of Nursing.
Why Study Bachelors in Nursing in Australia
On average, a nurse works for 38 hours in Australia while a midwife spends 33 hours offering service to the healthcare sector.
A Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) degree equips you with a broad skillset, scientific knowledge of bodily functions,
And hands-on experience to open doors to a wide range of career opportunities in the healthcare sector.
Following are some of the reasons for pursuing this degree from Australia:
Australia is the 3rd most sought-after study-abroad destination after the USA and Canada. Australia attracts almost 500,000 students from 160 countries around the globe.
12% of international students in Australia work in the healthcare industry.
Australia is the third-best country for nurses when it comes to the salary package.
Student Visa to Australia
An important part of your applications and admissions process will include obtaining an Australian student visa.
Mentioned below are certain factors you should be familiar with when applying for an Australian visa.
The visa application fee is 345.97 USD. Get more Information about Nursing scholarships min Australia
Nursing scholarships in Australia are listed below:
- Hail Creek Mine CQUniversity Scholarship
- Dora Lush Biomedical Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Clinical Research Postgraduate Scholarship
- Public Health and Health Services Research Postgraduate Scholarship
- George Alexander Foundation Bursaries
- TQEH Research Foundation Scholarship: Honours
- TQEH Research Foundation Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Honours Scholarship
- Casella Wines Health Science Scholarship
- George Alexander Foundation Scholarship
- St Andrew’s Hospital Nursing Experiential Learning Grant
- BMA Indigenous Scholarship Program
- Calvary John James Hospital Excellence in Nursing/Paramedicine Scholarships
- Henzell Rural and Remote Nursing Bursary
- Coal and Allied Community Development Fund Scholarship
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health Scholarship
- Calvary Health Care Riverina Scholarship
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Honours Scholarship
- Central Australia Health Service Board Nursing Scholarship
- Sister Margaret Y Winning Queensland Nursing Scholarship
- Postgraduate – Registered Nurse Specialisation Scholarships
- Elizabeth Hulme Grant for ANMF Special Interest Group Members
- Aboriginal Post Enrolment Scholarship
- Initial Registration – Registered Nurse/Midwife Scholarship
- Initial Registration – Enrolled Nurse to Registered Nurse Conversion Scholarship
- Hawkesbury Appeal Scholarship for Nursing
- Masonic Homes of Northern Tasmania Nursing Scholarship
- Hawkesbury Foundation Aboriginal Nursing Scholarship
- Thomas Family Scholarship
- Clifford Craig Medical Research Trust Nursing Honours Scholarship
- Channel RSL Sub Branch Miss Cluny Portnell Memorial Scholarship
- Celia Bevan Gerontology Scholarship
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Lucy Harris Bursary
- Vivian Bullwinkel Award – Nurses Memorial Centre
- St Andrew’s Ipswich Hospital Scholarships in Nursing
- Postgraduate – Midwifery Scholarships
- St John of God Health Care NSW Services ATSI Nursing Scholarships
- Check more of the list of the scholarship
Nursing scholarships in Australia Conclusion:
It’s a great time to be an international student in Australia! With the Nursing Scholarship for International Students, you could have your tuition fees paid for.
You can apply by completing this scholarship application form before June 15th and attending any eligible Australian university starting from October 2022.
The benefits of being an international student in Australia are many- not least because we offer scholarships like ours that support students who come all the way from overseas to study here at home.